I am a behavioral sleep psychologist who specializes in improving children’s sleep. Many websites devoted to childhood sleep focus on very young children, most often babies and toddlers, but this website is dedicated to children ages 3-10.
There are eight million preschoolers in the United States and a striking 80% of their parents report that their child’s sleep needs improvement. Two out of every three children ages 10 and under, according to a National Sleep Foundation (NSF) poll, have experienced some type of sleep problem.
I hope that the posts on my Blog help you and your loved ones sleep better. You can also click on the Quiz tab and take my quiz to find out if your child might benefit from a new bedtime routine.
For more personalized help with your child’s sleep, please feel free to contact me at the number or email address below.
Personalized Sleep Evaluation and Bedtime Plan
I’d love to do a personalized sleep evaluation and design a bedtime plan for your child. I meet with you, the parent, to teach you how to help your child become a great sleeper. This meeting can be in-person if you live near Westport, Connecticut or via video call.
The sleep evaluation and personalized plan will help you, as a parent:
- determine whether your child might have a medical sleep disorder
- prepare your child’s bedroom for success
- design a successful bedtime routine for your child
- teach your child how to self-comfort (fall asleep independently) after lights out
- leave your child’s room after lights out without tears or tantrums
- limit extra requests after lights out with a simple reward system
- decrease night and/or early morning awakenings
- help your child learn how to stay in bed all night long
Other issues that can be addressed in your child’s evaluation and plan include:
- bedtime/nighttime fears
- parasomnias such as sleepwalking, night terrors or sleep paralysis
- bed wetting (in children over age 6)
Dr. Lynelle Schneeberg, PsyD
Board-Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Assistant Professor, Yale School of Medicine
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Please contact me at (203) 913-8715 or email me at email@example.com
Dr. Schneeberg has been featured on: